Welcome to the Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club membership site.
The Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club CIC is a Community Interest Company (no. 14621548) and is a mixed ability coastal rowing club with a primary objective to increase grass roots participation in coastal rowing by making it more accessible and inclusive.
The Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club objectives are to:
- Increase grassroots participation by making coastal rowing more inclusive and more accessible
- Enable and promote mixed ability coastal rowing
- Enable and promote recreational and competitive coastal rowing
- Enable 'locals' and 'tourists' to enjoy the physical and mental health benefits coastal rowing provides
- Grow the coastal rowing community.
As a community interest company, Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club has an 'asset lock' so all assets and income must be used to deliver benefits to the communities it supports.
Coastal Barbarians compete in the Coastal Rowing League and other events. The club is currently applying to be affiliated to British Rowing so athletes will then be able to enter British Rowing and World Rowing events. n.b. Members currently cannot enter affiliated events as Coastal Barbarians.
Coastal Barbarians is hosted by the Coastal Rowing Centre, Studland. Rowing members receive significant discounts on rowing activities at the Coastal Rowing Centre - after a few lessons or training outings the annual membership will be recovered by the savings.
If you plan to row a few times at least, it makes sense to become a Coastal Barbarian.
Many Coastal Barbarians are also members of other rowing clubs or independent rowers, most do not live locally, which is why rowing members are called "Tourists".
There are several types of membership available:
Tourist membership £48 p.a.
- Aged 18 and over.
- Recreational and competitive rowers, often members of other rowing clubs
- Independent private boat owners who want to race in the Coastal Rowing League and affiliated events (when affiliated)
- Those with a physical, sensory or mental impairment wanting to join mixed ability crews (please contact the club to discuss)
Junior Tourist membership £48 p.a.
- Aged 14 to 17 with adult supervision.
- Recreational and competitive rowers
- Often members of other rowing clubs
- Independent private boat owners who want to enter the Coastal Rowing League and affiliated events (when affiliated)
- Those with a physical, sensory or mental impairment interested in joining mixed ability crews (please contact the club to discuss)
Supporter membership £48 p.a.
- Aged 18 and over, if under 18 with adult supervision
- All those interested in volunteering to support coastal rowing, mixed ability activities and help with events, etc
- And/or those interested in sponsoring the club and it's mixed ability coastal rowing activities.